Lactose Free Products
What does lactose-free mean?
Lactose is a simple carbohydrate commonly known as ‘sugar’. It is formed by the union of two simpler sugars (called monosaccharides), glucose and galactose. Milk contains approximately 4.7 grams of lactose per 100ml. It is important to note it does not have harmful health effects and it does not fall within the group of sugars that we have to limit in our diet.
The main difference is that lactose-free products are made from real dairy, while dairy-free products contain no dairy at all. Dairy-free products are made from plants, such as nuts or grains. Neither lactose-free nor dairy-free products contain lactose. Dairy-free products include soy milk, almond milk, and coconut milk.
Here we have 6 reasons to choose lactose-free milk:
- Anyone can drink it. It is ideal for all kinds of people, not just those who are lactose-intolerant. Different studies have shown that it is as nutritious as conventional milk. What’s the difference? The addition of a component suppressing intolerance.
- Contributes to losing weight: In the process of making this drink, most of the fat is lost, so it can be a great option to lose weight. You can also use lactose-free protein in your bodybuilding journey.
- Strengthening of the bones: Among the main nutrients in this milk are
calcium, phosphorus and vitamin C, which help to achieve stronger and healthier bones.
- Reduce high pressure: When blood pressure is high, it is recommended to drink lactose-free milk, because it contains a significant number of minerals.
- Strengthen the immune system: As it is a product rich in vitamin C, it will make it easier to prevent the entry of viruses and bacteria into the body.
- A healthier heart: The B vitamin present in the lactose-free milk allows for generating new red blood cells, which facilitate blood traffic to the arteries and veins.
Luckily, the range of lactose-free products we can purchase is wide: from lactose-free snacks to lactose-free cookies and lactose-free egg replacements.