What are testosterone boosters?
Testosterone boosters are supplements that are believed to help increase the body’s testosterone levels. They are normally natural compounds like herbal extracts and have been used in traditional medicine. Some examples of these are Tribulus Terrestris and Ginseng.
There are also more traditional supplements that, due to their wide range of holistic benefits, can help maintain testosterone production. Some examples of these are vitamin D and ZMA.
What Ingredients Can Be Found In The Best Testosterone Boosters?
These are top 8 ingredients found in Testosterone Boosters:
- D-Aspartic Acid: It is a natural amino acid that can boost low testosterone levels. This is important because the luteinizing hormone makes the Leydig cells in the testes produce more testosterone.
- Vitamin D:It is a fat-soluble vitamin produced in the skin when it is exposed to sunlight. Its active form functions as a steroid hormone in the body. To get more vitamin D, increase your sun exposure. You can also take around 3,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily.
- Tribulus Terrestris: It is a herb that has been used for centuries in herbal medicine. It increases testosterone levels. However, the current research has shown no benefit of taking Tribulus for young elite athletes and healthy individuals with normal testosterone levels
- Fenugreek: It is another popular herb-based testosterone booster. It works by reducing the enzymes converting testosterone into estrogen. There is a study examining how fenugreek affects quality of life.
- Ginger: It is a common household spice that has played a huge role in alternative medicine for centuries. It may reduce inflammation and maybe even boost testosterone levels. When measuring sperm health, the researchers found several improvements, including a 16% increase in sperm count
- DHEA: It’s a hormone, which naturally occurs in the body. It may benefit those with low DHEA or testosterone levels.
- It plays a role in boosting testosterone and controlling estrogen levels.
- Zinc: Known as an aphrodisiac, zinc is an essential mineral involved in more than 100 chemical processes within the body.
- Ashwagandha: It’s another herb used in ancient Indian medicine. It is primarily used as an adaptogen.
Do testosterone boosters work?
Despite the appeal of herbal extracts as the miracle cure for accelerating muscle growth, there is little evidence to show that testosterone boosting supplements have a major impact on fitness progress.
A much more powerful way to increase testosterone is following a healthy diet, getting enough sleep, and doing long-term resistance training.
In cases of very low testosterone and hypogonadism, ask a doctor for a testosterone testing to determine if supplementation may help.
Are testosterone boosters safe?
Although testosterone boosters have little impact on testosterone, the excessive dose can be dangerous. There have been numerous cases of kidney and liver injury and abdominal pain following excessive consumption of testosterone boosters.
Do testosterone boosters help build muscle?
Natural testosterone boosters are often said to stimulate the body’s production of testosterone to support muscle growth. It would be something like a legal steroid (it has nothing to do with it, but its function would be similar), made from herbs or vitamins.
Testosterone is the main hormone associated with muscle mass, strength gains. Many supplements promise to increase your natural testosterone production, however, it is not entirely clear if they work.
Let’s start with the young clientele: men under 30 have sufficient levels of testosterone in their bodies, so in theory, they would not need to spend money on this type of supplements. However, from the age of 30, our levels of testosterone drop, and which is why such supplements may be helpful if you are over 30. It’s worth remembering that supplements are
just a slight help, and the key to success is the right diet, training and rest.
Health & Vitality